Wednesday, June 28, 2017

My Mom's first look at Guatemala

Hey everyone!!! 

Being here in Zaragoza is totally amazing because there are so many miracles here. My companion and I already have a ton of baptisms set up! I truly have a testimony of the Lord preparing people to be baptized here because it is literally happening here. I don't have much time to write so first I'll explain the title.

So my mom when we got our mission calls the first thing she does, as the wonderful mother she is, looks up the bad things about Guatemala. The first thing she sees is something about machete fights in the streets. Well guess what mom... It almost happened right by us! We were teaching a young man getting ready to be baptized and we hear a bunch of shouting literally right outside the door. I could stand up and look over the fence and see men arguing. They were all angry and swinging their machetes around. It was super dumb hahaha. Thankfully nothing happened so were all good mom, haha.

Now one of our investigators: A complete miracle. He came into church and shook my hand. I thought he was a member. He stayed through sacrament and left with his mom wife and child. I felt prompted that we needed to talk to him. So I got my comp and we ran after him and asked to teach him. He said yes and we've been teaching him. He received his answer that the church is true and he is going to be baptized this 8th of July! Whoohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I don't have too much time left. I will write more next week. I love all of you and I now have the strongest testimony of this gospel that I have ever had in my whole life of being a member!

Elder Whelan





















1 comment:

  1. I love hearing your experiences! They are faith-promoting for me! Keep up the good work.
    Next time, could you please get some pics of the machete fight? 😂
    I love ya!

    ReplyDelete