Tuesday, December 12, 2017

I Saved a Cat!

Hey guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So not too much happened this week to be honest! We're still teaching The Wolf Family and were looking for more people to teach. One thing that is sometimes hard for me being here is that when the people reject us, they don't know what they're rejecting. They just think that were here to change their religion. But were really here to teach them the true meaning of the gospel of Jesus Christ!!! Its like hey we want to teach you about Jesus Christ, oh you guys worship that Joseph Smith guys right? NOOOOO haha we worship god and his son Jesus Christ! STILL!!! The name of our church literally has Jesus Christ in the name! Haha anyway its just one of those things were the person has to be prepared to listen to us and receive us. If they don't have an open heart, then they're obviously not going to listen or understand the lesson. 

One thing that gives me comfort though is the fact that if they don't accept the message here, then they'll receive it after this life, in your face haha! 

But one thing that makes me happy: everyone down here reminds me of Nacho Libre, the only difference they don't speak English. :)

On another note.. I saved a cat! 

We were walking in the street and I hear this mewing from a cat. It was dark and I almost didn't see it. Its orange and white but you couldn't tell because it was wet and super dirty. I brought it to a members house and they cleaned it up. The next day they told me that somebody had thrown boiling water on it and tried to kill it. Jerks... 

Anyway I saved another life! Someone else baptized him and I gave him a family!!! They named him Kollin...and they can't even pronounce his (my) name correctly! :)

YES! ETERNAL FAMILY! 

Haha just kidding, but I was glad I was able to save him. Now he follows me everywhere I go when were at that members house...

We have a mission Christmas party this Friday. It's about 20-30 minutes from my area. We're lip syncing to a Pentatonix song for the skit. We're actually pretty good.
Anyway sorry I dont have more to write to you guys!!! Butttttt read the book of mormon!!!!!!!!
Love you guys!!!!!!!!
Elder Whelan
P.S Ill send pics next week!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment