In the mission and life in general we often feel that we are
not enough. I've felt that way many times here in the mission. Like what I'm
doing here is just not enough, I'm insufficient for these people. They often
slam doors in our faces, throw stuff at us, say rude things.
These things are not usually normal in the life of a normal Latter Day Saint. It's not an easy life what we have as members. The path of our Savior wasn't easy either. I just think everyday, I'm living what our Savior lived. He was beaten, he still taught. He was the ultimate example.
Now that I've been here for a while and have learned, I understand now that what we do in the mission and in life in general that is good, is never in vain. We never know who we will impact from our good decisions. My companion and I are working very hard over here and we have seen so many miracle from what we've been doing. I can just tell that the Lord is pleased with what we are doing because He's providing us with people to teach.
I'm so happy that I can be an instrument in the Lords hands. In Alma 29:8-9 it tells us that we will preach to every nation and that we will feel joy in bringing souls to Christ. I invite each and every one of you to do just that, even if you're not a member of our church and you believe in Christ, invite people to come unto him and you will feel closer to him.
I don't have much more time to write stories about whats happened but I will leave you will my humble testimony that I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church. I'm not scared to testify of that because I know it. I love testifying of that to the people here even if they don't accept it. They're lost and Im not, but I can still try to save them. I love this gospel, I live it everyday.
I love you all, sons and daughters of the Most High. Be a light in the lives of others.
Elder Whelan
I love hearing your testimony of service and sacrifice and of our loving Savior. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, so I can learn from them. I love you, Elder Whelan!
ReplyDelete