Friday, September 28, 2018

God has a Purpose

Hey everyone!!

Sorry I wasn't able to write last week!! I didn't have much time. So what happened the week before last was that President Cluff had revelation for the whole mission and we all had divisions in each zone. So I went to Chimaltenango again to be with Elder Nieves (Costa Rica) for a couple days. At first I hated the idea of leaving my area and going to Chimaltenango and didn't understand why I had to leave my area. It didn't take me long to humble myself though and went without question. I thought, I cant be like Laman and Lemuel, they were always murmuring and never had any personal progress. I had to be like Nephi and humble myself. In The Book of Mormon it says that to murmur is to complain or go against the purposes, plans, or servants of God. In this case President Cluff is the servant of God and I was a servant of God who needed humbling haha. In D&C 25:4 it says that we should not murmur because of the things we have not seen. God had a purpose for these divisions and I was here to conform to that purpose. 

So the night we were finishing the divisions we went to this family's house. They are all investigators and they were all having trouble with the prospect of baptism. So we gave them interviews. I interviewed the two daughters and neither of them felt that they were ready. Elder Nieves was interviewing the son still when I finished with the last daughter and I came to the conclusion that it was because of the mother that they didn't feel ready. So I interviewed her as well. I was with her for an hour or more. I won't tell you all what she told me because its a little personal. But what she came to realize was that I WAS really guided by the spirit. She told me herself because she could feel it. She also came to realize that Joseph Smith WAS a prophet and that baptism IS the path she needed to go. We both came out of the interview edified and uplifted spiritually. I don't know what happened to that family after, but I can only hope that I helped in some part of their conversion. I love being able to help the people here, its fun and it helps me a lot in my own spiritual progress and conversion.

Now to this past week. We've been pretty busy trying to find people to baptize and its been very hard. I'm in the mountains right now and there is a big difference between the people of the coast and the people here. the people in the coast are a lot more accepting/willing to listen to us about the church or about God. The people here are a lot more hard hearted and less likely to listen to us. Right now we have 1 investigator named Deborah. She's been investigating the church for a few years now and the missionaries in the past haven't had any luck with her. Were hoping to baptize her this Sunday because she seems to be a lot more willing now. Other than that, not much else happened. Unless you count it raining so much here that we have to walk though flooded streets hahaha. That's always fun... 

But I hope everyone has an awesome rest of the week and that you all leave your comfort zones and talk to someone about the gospel!!! I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment