So I don't have much to say in this email because not much happened this week. There are many stories about what goes on here but I dont have enough time to write about them. So Ill start with the spiders I forgot to mention last week. I was in the bathroom (sorry another bathroom story haha) and Im going pee, I look back for one second and theres a spider running at me, I practically screamed, what the crud!!! So I had to finish really fast because it was chasing me while I was doing my business. After I finished I grabbed a cup and caught the nasty thing. This was at like 11:00 at night. So I grab the spider and bring it into my room. I share a room with 5 other elders and I was like, hey guys look what I found and threw it into the room. They were all in bed and they freaked out so bad! It was hilarious. They started taking pictures and everything. Then my companion got another room of elders to come and look at it and they flipped out too. Elder Sorensen is super scared of spiders so when he saw it in our room he ran back to his. I didn't know what he was doing so I followed him and he was in his room with his flashlight looking for spiders under and around his bed. I was the funniest thing to witness because this elder is like 6 ft 5in and muscular and he was scared of a spider 😂
Crazy nights.. Every night is pretty crazy here. I say crazy because two elders in my room talk to each other in their sleep and it is amazing. I guess its not completely unheard of but it definitely makes my night. Another reason nights are kind of crazy is becuase everyone stays up kind of late. Its kind of my fault because I like to talk so stinking much. Yeah I know, way to go district leader haha. Last night we were telling stories about our lives before the mish and we definitely got closer which brings me to the next thing..
Our district is becoming more and more like a family each day. We've become a lot more comfortable around each other and I honestly think we have the best group of kids. My district and Elder Darlings. Were all so close to each other now its awesome. Last night we got told by one of our teachers that were exceeding expectations in our spanish because usually the groups get off of notes while teaching lessons to investigators by the fourth week. Were already off them and were only 2 weeks in!! Were being pushed like crazy and often times I get overwhelmed and think, why am I doing this.. But then I realize I need to stop thinking about myself and think about the people of Guatemala. Im so grateful I have this chance to serve my Heavenly Father and follow the example of my Eldest brother Jesus Christ. Ive thought about this a lot and Ive realized that Im doing and will be doing a lot the the things our savior did in his time here on the Earth. There are no words to express how happy I am to give other people the joy of learning about this gospel and accepting it. I love the latinos here so much, Im already friends with a bunch of them. From their examples I know I will love the people here so much. Sure they might be midgets compared to me and most everyone here (one of my teachers is half my height), but their hearts and souls are huge in the sight of our Father. (I also get told to repent on a daily basis by another one of my teachers when she hears me speak english. ;)
Theres a scripture in Mosiah that I highlighted about Abinidi not taking back the words he spoke to the king. I cant remember what chapter it was but it was super awesome, because no matter what they told him they would do to him, he didnt take back what he said and did not forsake his God.
I know my Father in Heaven wants me to try my hardest while Im here and I am prepared to put my whole self in the work. Thank you all for the support you've given me while Im here! It makes my week way better.
I know my Father in Heaven wants me to try my hardest while Im here and I am prepared to put my whole self in the work. Thank you all for the support you've given me while Im here! It makes my week way better.
Simon, Oscar, and Milo,
I love you guys so much! I think about you guys everyday and sometimes it makes me so sad that I wont see you guys for two years. I look at pictures of you everyday. Learn some Spanish so I can talk to you guys when I get back!!
No comments:
Post a Comment