Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Awesome Talks...Stop! Collaborate and Listen -Music and the rapped word :)

Hola everyone!!!

So let me first explain my dream... This is by far the weirdest dream I have ever had in my life.    I´m halfway into my dream and I´m really confused about why one the Hermanas (sister missionaries) is mad at me. So I jump into the shower still wondering why she so mad. All the while I have music playing through my head. Suddenly Ice Ice Baby turns on and President Morris (Pres. of the CCM) comes into the bathroom while I´m showering, he says, "Here, let me show you how to do it !" (WHAT!?!?) He proceeds to jump into the shower (in his suit and tie of course) with me and goes, "duh duh - uh - duh duh duh -- duhn" to the tune of Ice Ice baby.... And then he starts rapping to me!!... All this time I´m like, "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!?!?" Why on Earth did he get in the shower?! And then it switches to another part of my dream that isn´t all that important and I won´t take the time to explain it... So anyway when I woke up I made the mistake of telling the guys in my room about the dream and now pretty much everyone in the CCM knows about the dream. Its awesome. Now, out of nowhere somebody in my district will start humming Ice Ice Baby and it brings me right back to my nightmare of having President rapping like Vanilla Ice in my shower...


Anyway...

Awesome talks! 
So we listened to a devotional from Elder Holland the other night and there are a few key points I really liked. He said that we cannot miss a single moment in our mission to preach the gospel to someone and that we should not regret our missions. We only get one chance to be missionaries and that we must put everything we have into our missions. We are all at war (with the adversary) and we need to help people come unto Christ. This is not our church, it is the Lords church and we must teach it to people the way he wants us to teach it. We cannot teach it our way. Read Helaman 6:36-37 

We had the opportunity to hear from Elder Ochoa yesterday night. Im going to be totally honest here and say that I fell asleep for the majority of his talk :( But what I did get was totally amazing at the end. This is what he said. 

We all have strong testimonies, it doesn't matter if you came on your mission because your mom or some other family member wanted you to come. We have strong testimonies no matter how big or how small it is. Satan is all around us and is trying to destroy our investigators. He is going to make us feel like were not good enough at all times. What we need to realize is that we have Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ behind us backing us up. Something else he said that really touched me was that he wanted us when we went to bed to ask God with all our heart, "Lord, did you call me?" I honestly almost started to cry, I felt the spirit so strong when he said that and I know that he did call me. He said if we didn't feel anything when we asked that then we needed to humble ourselves and repent for some things. He also said to teach our investigators to hold the hand of our Lord. That was amazing because it reminded me of the scripture Mosiah 3:18-19. Look it up when you have the time everyone! Its amazing becuase I thought about all of us, I can imagine us all looking up to our Heavenly Father and reaching for his hand, just like a child would do to his Father. In this case its us reaching to our Father.

Mi familia y amigos, yo se que ese iglesia es verdad, y yo se que nosotros podemos obtener verdad felizidad cuando nosotros seguimos nuestros Padre Celestial. 

I know this church is true, and I know that we can obtain true happiness when we follow our Heavenly Father.

That is roughly what it said. Sorry everyone! I didn't have much time to email but I love you all!!

Elder Whelan

No comments:

Post a Comment