Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Very sad goodbyes, out in the field

Hey everyone!

So this email won't be super long because I forgot to bring my journal with me! But it has a lot to do with the past 3 or 4 days. I´m not totally sure what to talk, so I´ll just start out with a message to my fellow missionaries by saying that I already miss all of you guys from District Pedro. It was a good six weeks and I will cherish all of the memories we made together there. So....we woke up early and were all ready to go and Elder Darling was already on the bus leaving. I had just gotten downstairs and Hermana Brand says, "Did you say goodbye to your brother?" I said no and she said that he was leaving right at that moment. So I ran outside and stopped the bus. I was lucky because the bus had just started moving. I jumped on the bus and went and hugged the punk. I couldn't help myself from crying because I wouldn't see one of my best friends for 2 years. So I want to apologize to all the people going to Reu for being a cry baby. hahaha. You got to see that part of me so remember it ;) All that being said, I know everyone is going to do amazing things out in the field! Can´t wait to see all of you again in two years! I´m not sure if I got to share this with all of you but In Alma 26:27 it says "Not when their hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold the Lord comforted us and said: Go amongst thy brethren the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine affliction, and I will give unto success." I wanted all of you to know that when your hearts are depressed and it doesn't seem like you can do anything more to help people in your area or if you feel terrible about being rejected all the time, do not turn back. And if you do turn back keep a prayer in your heart to our Heavenly Father and he will give you comfort. Bear with patience your afflictions and our Lord will give unto you success. Our Father is always here for you and we all need to remember that. I hope you all made it to your missions safely! Now.....that scripture was not just for the missionaries in my district. It's for everyone reading this email. You just need to apply it to your lives right now and see what you can apply it to. 

So I´m out in the field! My new companion's name is Elder Osorio. He´s a really nice guy and I've learned a lot from him already. he showed me around our area and I got to meet a lot of the members here. They're all super nice people here. We were talking to a family and the Mom said something about making food for us. She listed off a bunch of things I´ve never had, like rat and turtle. I think she's going to prepare turtle for us! Looking forward to it! But just from being out here I already the love the people! We taught a couple investigators and members yesterday. A lot of them said that my spanish was good and that my pronunciation was good as well so that was a huge confidence booster for me! So the first thing my comp tells me as were walking to a members house is to always smile and say hello to everyone because our area is the red zone. Meaning sketchy as crap zone. I said okay and we went on our way. Its not that scary out here I actually really enjoy it. All throughout the day my comp kept asking me, "You doing okay?" " Are you having any culture shock or are you feeling overwhelmed?" I said no every time and I think that he thinks I'm a little weird now because of it. He was like huh ok. I honestly feel super comfortable being here even though there might be gangs around and its sketchy. Its great here! 

Short funny story. So our last day in the CCM (Monday) we were doing contacting with the Latinos in the CCM. We all had professions and what not and the setting was in the park. Hermano Bajan gave me dancing for my profession. So we go out on the basketball courts and the latinos start to contact us while were doing our professions. I wasn't sure what to do for dancing so I just started prancing around like I was doing ballet. I didn't know but the whole time I was doing this the Latina sisters were sitting on a bench watching me and laughing at me. Then I went over to a pole and started dancing around it and was like, Hermano Bajan look! He was cracking up and then I look behind him and see all the sisters pointing at me and laughing... I couldn't help but start laughing as well. It was just too good haha. Anyway it was super funny. 

I want to end by saying that I know this church is true. I'm out in the field and I already know how much this gospel will help the people here. I love it and I love that I have this opportunity to help people here. I say these things en el nombre de Jesucristo Amen. 

I'll send pics next week. I didn't bring my camera! Sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Totally awesome...so rich in detail even though it was short.. almost cried when I read the bus scene! The great thing about it is they are both serving, and at the end it will be much like what we read in the BOM when Ammon met with his brethren after preaching to the lamanities, and his joy over whelmed him!
    Thank you soo much for sharing!
    Love the McNabbs

    ReplyDelete