Tuesday, March 21, 2017

1st Baptism, Lots of Pizza, and a Bloody Lip

¡¡Hola mi familia y amigos!! 

So this week was pretty crazy. I've only been in the field for about 3, almost 4 weeks and had so many experiences!! I got to baptize a boy named Antony who is 17! He is one of the lost sheep that we were able to bring into the light of the Gospel. The sun shone a bit brighter that day, and it was an amazing experience to have been able to do that. I really do have a testimony of this gospel. It brings so much joy to so many people and I love it so much! 

This week we had divisions. I got to go with an Elder named Elder Rider and we had a pretty fun day! We went to a place called Carmen to lock the doors for some elders and it was beautiful there. After that we went home because that trip took forever. We bought pizza and walked down to the house and guess what.. The door was locked and we didn't have the keys to get in.. And I had to go to the bathroom so bad. So we tried everything we could to get in and we couldn't. So I ended up going pee in a corner hoping that nobody would see me. We walked around with pizza for most of the night and we went to the assistant's house to get the keys because they were left there. We left the assistants house and went back home. We got home at around 11:30 and went to bed at around 12. It was super fun haha.

About 3 days ago we went to the zone leaders' house after a super long day of work and we slept over there. We talked for a long time, ate pizza again, and then we were heading to bed. I was in bed and my comp started messing with me. That turned into a huge wrestling match in which I was winning pretty much the whole time because I was throwing him around a ton and because I am way bigger than my companion haha. But then he somehow got control of me and got me in a lock. I broke the lock and then I tried again, and he accidentally punched me in the face. Instantly, I tasted blood and my comp thought he won because I stopped. I told him I was bleeding and when he saw my face he was like, OH MY GOSH go look in the mirror. My bottom lip was black haha. It was hilarious. So this whole week I have been making him feel bad about it. Its so funny but I was totally unfazed by it. haha so that was my week! many spiritual opportunities! I love it here!

 I'll end with my testimony that I know this church is true. I see the blessings it brings to people and their families and I also see them in my life right now. One thing that I have learned here is to teach by the spirit because there is no denying the spirit. The spirit will always testify of truthfulness and it is a tremendous tool in teaching people. Always remember to be worthy of the spirit because that is your greatest tool. Your greatest companion besides the Lord and our Father. He will always protect and testify. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Love Elder Whelan

















1 comment:

  1. Crazy week!
    I guess Elder Whelan could use the damaged lip as a discussion point!?

    Thanks for sharing these blessings with us!
    Love the McNabbs

    ReplyDelete