Hola mi familia y amigos!!!
I have a few experiences but I only have time to focus on a couple. One of them was a huge miracle and blessing to us. We were walking in the street on our way to a members house when we hear a whistle behind us (everyone whistles down here, to get the attention of someone or to say hello). We turn around and this girl (14 years old) asks to talk to us. She says "My mom and I would like to go to your church and to listen to you guys." We say ok, church is at 9 and then we get her address and her phone number and we leave. That whole time I was like what the heck? Did someone just contact us instead of the other way around? We saw her at church and we have yet to find her again. We looked for her house last night but we couldn't find it. hopefully we have luck soon because she and her mom are part of the "lost sheep." I want everyone to read Luke 15 because somewhere in there it says to find the Lord's lost sheep. We find those that will receive us and this girl and her mom are going to receive us. It was amazing!!
Some old guys were being poops last week, but it was ok because I didn't know most of what they were saying. ;) Just stuff that wasn't true. And, so you know, red zone means dangerous zone. It's not that dangerous but there are a couple places we are not allowed in.
I would love to write everyone as much as I want, but I don't have time. I miss all of you guys but I'm happy and content here, because I now Heavenly Father will take care of all of you.
There are a bunch of questions that I will answer next week! I didn't have time to write a lot or send pics!! Sorry!! Love you all!
Hello Elder Whelan,
ReplyDeleteIt's is so nice to read these blogs! Don't worry about a reply to me, I just enjoy the spirit I feel when I read these weekly reports. I think I can speak for most prior missionaries, when I say what a choice time we live in, compared to prior times when we would sent a letter and wait weeks to see the reply!
Hey! Did you hear? We had eight investigators at church on Sunday! The choir sang How great Thou Art.. and we even had Bro Dalberg call out "Amen" it was awesome! One of the investigators is a 17 year old YM that just wants to go out and do missionary work or what ever just to feel the spirit! Isn't that awesome!!!
I think the Lord's work is just contagious once you catch it!
We pray that you will find the Lord's lost sheep as you continue to work and respond to His voice!
Love the McNabbs