Tuesday, March 28, 2017

He's Alive!!! My Testimony

Hola mi familia y amigos!


Not too much to write about today! I'm sorry! But I will write about the drunk people here, whom we see everyday. I've gotten a couple "catcalls" (or whatever you call those). I've also had a couple of them ask for money and flip me off. They're really nice people, I am sure, but I believe the alcohol gets to them. haha. We had an experience this week with another one. A drunk man was sitting in the middle of the street as we were walking by and cars were driving around him. I suggested to my comp that we go and help him. So we went and helped him to the other side of the road. We got there and he told us that God would bless us so much for helping him. I had the impression that we should put him in a different spot so that he wouldn't fall, because he was kind of on a hill. Sadly, I did not take heed to that prompting. We said goodbye to him and left. Were halfway across the street and then we hear a sound like a bowling ball hitting the floor. We look back and the old, drunk guy had fallen down and hit his head super hard on the pavement. My comp looked at him and said, "Oh my goodness you idiot!!" And I didn't know I said this but I was like, "oh my gosh is he dead???" So we go back and carry him to shade and went back to work. He was still alive, thank goodness. We saw him later that day. He's alive! That just goes to show that we must always take heed to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. 

I have a testimony of the Holy Ghost. We may not feel that he is there all the time, but I know for a fact that he is. We must be worthy to have the presence of the Holy Ghost if we are going to get help from him and if we are going to get promptings from him. I also have a strong testimony that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that he was prepared even before he had the question of which church was true. He and his family endured so many challenges and heartaches in order to be ready to receive the restored gospel. Research the history of Joseph Smith and I know that your testimonies will be strengthened further because of the things he endured. I leave these words with you in the name of my brother, and friend, Jesus Christ, Amen.

I will send pics next week!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your testimony and experiences. I love hearing them and I love you, Elder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so many drunk dude experiences. Ya definitely get used to it, but never like it.

    One time we were talking to an investigator and a guy randomly threw vodka on my back (I didn't feel it) and so my comp instantly pushed him! I was like- what is happening?? El borracho met the ground with some good force! It was cool to know my comp had my back...

    Siga adelante. Éste es el único tiempo que puedes ganar estas experiencias durante esta vida. Hay espíritus preparadas que solamente recibirán el evangelio por medio de ti. Esta responsabilidad es grandisimo. Confién en el Señor. Reconozca la mano de El en todas las cosas.

    Estamos orgullosos de ti y de tu hermano.

    Una cosita mas- mis niños estan emocionados cada semana al escucharnos leer el Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great lesson, about compassion and about following promptings! In conference today Elder Rasband gave a talk about following promptings... and he likened it to being so prepared to listening and following the promptings that we can trust the lord, and the Lord can trust us. He compared it to being like a 1st responder...they listen and heed the call to go to the rescue, and we should be prepared to do the same! I have a long way to go!

    Keep the spirit Elder Whelan! We love hearing about the work thru your eyes!
    Love the McNabbs!

    ReplyDelete