Tuesday, July 18, 2017

The Reason Why My Mission is the Coolest Ever

Hey everyone!!! 

So not too much happened this week to be honest! We are working our butts off and were beginning to see the fruits of our labors. I want to focus on something that was written to me in a letter that I found great comfort in. It says, "I love you, Be good. Work hard. Pray harder! Be you. You were made to change lives." -Dad (Pops) 

I was reading this letter and found two parts that stuck out to me, work hard, but pray harder. I love to pray to my Heavenly father but the thought of praying harder was something I had to reflect on. What is prayer? It is direct communication with our Father in Heaven. Its as simple as that. If you don't like to pray then you are missing out on the most important and sacred communication you could ever do. Pray. The second part, you were made to change lives. I never thought about that in my life until I read this. I was made to change lives. Its true, but I change lives for the benefit of the people here and for my Father. Everyone has the potential to change lives. But that all depends on YOU.

Now really quickly, we have a new president and hermana! Family Cluff!! So my parents sent a picture to some family friends the Puzeys and they showed my picture to the Cluffs. So the funny part about this is that I was pretty much their model of how missionaries are here in my mission hahaha. So they knew me before they came here!! haha 

[Editor's note: the Cluffs lived in Maple Valley and moved from there just prior to us moving to Maple Valley. So we have a lot of friends in common with them, but never actually met them. They are now Elder Whelan's new mission president and wife.]

Another thing. We had division and one of the pictures here if you look closely in the background there are dogs chasing my companion while Im taking a photo!!! Hahaha I didn't know about it until he said Elder GO!!!!!!

So our  mission is the coolest because we stand up in buses full of people and get up in front of all of them and tell stuff about the gospel! But this time I did it in english and told the people jokes while my companion said stuff about the church in Spanish. hahaha after that we sang to the whole bus. A ton of church songs haha. It was pretty fun. I'll try and send a pic of me contacting a bus sometime.

Also I got this scratch running from another dog. I was leaving a house and the dog wasn't tied down and it ran to attack me. Luckily I got out the door and closed it before it got me. But I still came out with a hurt elbow and a broken watch haha. It still works but its missing a couple things.

Anyway, today we have an area attack and were going to an area called Tecpan. Its part of my area in Zaragoza. Its a whole city and guess what... It has about 60 villages around it. Yay, hopefully we don't have to go to all of them hahaha becuase that is a ton.

I love all of you guys!! Sorry my thoughts were all over the place!! Love you all!!

Elder Whelan















1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts about prayer. Loved it, learned from it, going to work on it!
    Keep up the good work of changing lives through the gospel!
    Love the McNabbs

    ReplyDelete