Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Hello? Elder Whelan?

Hey everyone!
So this week was pretty cool! Me and Elder Melgar found a ton of new people to be baptized in this next month. So Sunday we were working and we get a call from President. He talked to Elder Melgar first and then surprisingly he wanted to talk to me. "Hello?" "Hello Elder Whelan, so you have changes and you're going to finish off an elders training, are you ready?" "Um I guess so?"

Haha that was exactly how the conversation went. I was like "What the heck?!" I have no idea what to do!!! So I've been transferred to Hunapu Escuintla, and my new companion's name is Elder Murillo and he's from Honduras. He's super cool and very spiritual for a missionary that only has 9 weeks here in the field. I can already tell that we're going to baptize a ton here haha its going to be awesome!!!!!!

Anyway something that I was thinking about when I got this call from president was that I was not ready, like I said. But then I thought. My Father in Heaven trusts me enough to train and to teach a new missionary and that is a true blessing for me. I've been praying for ways to be more diligent, obedient, and hardworking and this was an answer to my prayers (not saying that I wasn't being those things just that I wanted to work harder in them).

In this time of doubt in myself I found something in myself that I forgot about haha. My self confidence and my trust in the Lord. In each moment of our lives we have times of trial that test our faith. This a trial of my faith but we're going to see a ton of miracles here. Anyway I had more to write but I'll write more next week. Sorry I didn't have time to write more!!!

I love you all!!
Elder Whelan




























1 comment:

  1. Nice rain gear!
    Your message about confidence and trusting in the Lord is right on target, for me anyway. When I was called to be SS Pres, I was really worried, and not sure what was going to happen. But I had trust that the LoRd called, and I wanted to say "yes".
    You expressed the concerns, and how to respond to those concerns very nicely in your blog!
    Thankyou for letting us all take a peek into that mission experience!
    Love the McNabbs

    ReplyDelete