Tuesday, October 24, 2017

1 Lost Drunk Guy, But Found 7 to Take His Place!

Hey everyone!

One of my two companions was emergency transferred today (don't worry, it sounds bad but it's not.) HE's leaving to be a zone leader. He's going to mexico for his mission and one of the elders here went to be an AP, so our comp is taking his place for about a week and then leaving for his mission in Mexico. 

Yesterday we found 7 new people to teach because we were looking for a drunk guy that said if we didn't teach him he was going to kill himself (though he was drunk and joking when he said it.) We didn't find him, he was drunk so I'm pretty sure he didn't even remember he had an appointment with us. We looked for over an hour for him, and in the meantime found 7 new people!
Anyway so we have two possibilities for baptism this sunday!!!! Finally! Their names are Wilson Santos and Inocente Pineda. I'm so happy because we've been working so hard to have baptisms in this area. 

To be honest this area has been one of the hardest that I have been in. But I knew that with faith and fervent prayer and obedience we were going to see miracles. And we are!!! We also have potentials for november as well!!
Anyway that's the little success that I wanted to share with all of you. I promise that the next letter will be better!! 

Sorry everyone!! Hahah and I forgot to take picture this week!!! I promise I'll be better hahaha
Love you all so much!!!
Elder Whelan

1 comment:

  1. Great demonstration of faith! Keep up the good work..isn't to wonderful how sometimes the Lord blesses us in ways we don't anticipate!
    Love the McNabbs

    ReplyDelete