Tuesday, November 14, 2017

People Fall, But That's What the Atonement is For

​HEY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey so this week we had successes and failures. Like everyone right? Haha our successes were contacting a ton of people and talking to people. Our failure.. was not having a baptism this last sunday... Our investigator got scared and didn't want to get baptized. But this sunday for sure he will. I know it and I can feel it. His name is Hardy Vega and he loves to play soccer. He's 14 years old and all I can think about is, he's a future missionary. Before I never really thought about things like that. But the reality of it is that every missionary that is out is making a difference. Future missionaries who are all going to go out on missions and change the lives of others. I love that thought! I honestly never thought I would get to this point, being a missionary that is. I thought that is was so far away, but now I'm here haha.

Anyway, my title. I'm not sure why I chose that title but it seemed important and like it would help someone. Everyday of our lives we fall, into temptation, anger, or some kind of sin. Sometimes we feel bad for the things that we've done and sometimes we feel that it can't be undone. We all fall. But we have the atonement of Jesus Christ to help us out. He suffered everything so that we could be free of pain, sadness, anger, and everything that makes us feel bad. So we have every reason to be happy. We have the restored góspel here on the earth so we should enjoy it. Anyway I don't have too much to say but I hope that helps haha!

Oh yeah, it turns out that my comp has been on his mission for about 3 years (he's 25). He started out in Costa Rica, there were a bunch of problems, not exactly sure what all happened, but he's here now, been in Guate for 19 months, goes home in April. But the sad part is that he doesn't have a family to go home to. Which means he doesn't have anyone to send him anything during Christmas. So will you do me a favor, except for new shoes (see my picture below) will you take anything that you were going to buy and send me for Christmas and send it to him? 


Something I've learned here:

The mission is not the best two years of your life, they´re the best two years FOR your life.

Thank you all for your support and be happy!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Whelan









1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post, and the little video! Selah had another baptism last week! A young man who has been attending fow awhile now decided to take the invite to follow the Savior and be baptised! Shayla Campbell has been working with him and introduced him to the Gospel, now he's talking to his Grandma she has started to take the lessons! Its awesome to see how the work is moving forward!
    Love the McNabbs

    ReplyDelete