Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Miracles

HEY EVERYONE!!!!!

Christmas and New Years were great, but we kind of avoided members because I know how the holidays are are here. Members can get very jealous and if they had known that we spent time with one family during the holidays they would get super jealous! :)

So I'll get down to the title since I don't have too much time left. My last companion Elder Diaz called our president to see if I could go back to my last area and do the baptisms of some people over there. He gave me permission to go over to Hunapu again and on Sunday I went. We got to the church over there and I met Elder Diaz outside. The first thing is says to me is.. There aren't any baptisms... I yelled what?? Then Elder Diaz told me that Yisseña didn't want to get baptized because she was scared. She said that if she didn't get baptized neither would her 8 year old daughter Leyla. So I told him I wanted to talk to her. 

We entered the church and I called Yisseña into a room and figured everything out about what and why she didn't want to get baptized. Some of the stuff I can't tell you guys because it's personal for her and I respect her enough not to tell you guys haha. But one of the reasons was that other people were texting her and telling her a bunch of bad things about what would happen to her if she got baptized in our church. So I called Elder Diaz in the room and we talked to her for about an hour trying to get here baptized. She felt cold in her body and felt that she couldn't do anything, so I told her we're going to pray and you're going to talk with our father in heaven to know what to do. 

I knew that was the turning point for her, because 5 mins later after she prayed she said, ok let's do it. I'm so happy I was able to go back there and help her and her family make this decision to be in the church. The Lord really does guide our words and I'm so glad he was able to guide mine enough for her to make the decision to be baptized. Elder Diaz baptized her and I got to baptize Leyla. I love this family and I know why I'm here now. 

Other than that we had another baptism of an old man named Fransisco Sanchez. Hes 75 years old and was a miracle. We found him and he was able to get baptized within 1 week. I'm so happy that the Lord has given me this chance to be here in Guatemala. To bring these people the true and restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I love my saviour and will never forget what he did for me and everyone else on the Earth. Other than that not much has happened in our area. Were looking for more people to baptize and I know that Lord has them prepared for us. It's a new year and one I'm sure we will see many many miracles.

Tell Simon I said Happy Birthday! I'll get him something from Antigua. 

See y'all in 1 more year!!!!!!!!!

I love you guys!!!!

Elder Whelan






No comments:

Post a Comment