So one thing that I've learned while being out here in the mission is that everything has to conform to the time of the Lord. God has a plan for us, we have to accept that and whatever happens in that plan. So this past week we only had 3 baptisms and most of our investigators fell. We're going to leave a couple of them and work with the rest of them. God has a plan. My faith has been tried so very hard this week and it was great haha. Almost lost my head a couple times but all good haha.
So we had changes as well!! Not me and my companion, we're staying together for one more change!! I'm hoping we will baptize more people in this change than in the last change. I have the faith to do it haha. Faith I feel is the cornerstone of belief. It says in the Bible that with faith sufficient enough we can be able to move mountains right? So why not exercise some haha?
I'm also in charge of 4 other Elders and they have to baptize too, so I have to help them out as well. Today in my workshop I talked to them about how in the mission we cannot lose a single minute not doing something to increase the Lord's work. As missionaries we have to leave all personal thoughts behind, all thoughts about family, girlfriend, new movies, everything behind. This isn't our time, its the Lords time.
I've realized that 2 years is a very short time in the grand scheme of things and that I need to give everything I have to the Lord. That's what I'm doing. We baptized, there are more to be found. Lost souls looking for the truth but can't find it until we miraculously knock on their door and give it to them. We follow the spirit, it guides us and we save lives!
I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures but next week for sure Ill have some to send. I left my camera in the house! Anyway, I'd like to encourage all of you once again, share the gospel. Ask a Book of Mormon from the missionaries and give it to someone!!! Help the Lord out!!!!
I love my mission, I love the Lord, and I love having the chance to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to bring people to eternal life. I love you guys!!!!!!!
Elder Whelan
No comments:
Post a Comment