So Oi means hey down here. Im not sure if it means the same thing in other places but thats what it means here. This week I was talking to my companion about speaking Spanish. I was thinking that its so cool to be fluent in another language and that I'm going to have opportunities to talk to other people in Spanish when i get home as well.
But I realized that I wouldn't be able to speak Spanish if I hadn't asked for help with the gift of tongues from my Father in Heaven. I wouldn't have anything without his help. So that was kind of a humbling moment for me. I realized that I needed to let go of my pride and realize that all of the blessings that I have received so far in my life are from a Father in Heaven who loves me and wants me to progress in life.
The only thing that he wants in turn is someone who is grateful and will use those blessings to help others. I'm coming up on 14 months in the mission and thats super weird to me. Never thought I would get to this point but here I am, right? Now I just gotta finish strong!
My week was good, it was kind of slow but we're getting there. My comp is doing good and we always get along. We're a little sad though, because were about to have transfers on the 13th. I would say that we're in the 80s right now and we'll get into the 90s. Not sure on that one though haha. I haven't gotten my package yet. I'll probably get it on the 13th.
Other than that, nothing much happened this week, except we do have three potential baptisms for this Sunday and we're hoping to "close the deal"😄 with them today!
Also shout out to my sis, Ty! She's turning 18 this Saturday! Happy Birthday!!!
I love you all!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment