[Editor's note: For those of you who weren't aware, there was a significant volcano eruption very close to Kollin's area. Many casualties, hundreds still missing.]
First of all, thank you all for your prayers and concern for me and my mission. For those of you that may not know, El volcan de Fuego erupted in my mission. thankfully no missionaries were close enough to get seriously injured and everything is ok. One of the spots where it hit the hardest was in one of my past areas in Escuintla, El Rodeo.
I knew many people there and am just hoping they're ok. Please direct your prayers to those that are in pain and are suffering. They need them more that I do. The volcano erupted when my companion and I were working outside and all we could see was an orange brown smoke drifting towards us. All of the ash when it got to us made it hard to breath and to see so we had to use whatever we could to block the ash from getting into our lungs. The streets are all black from the ash. The missionaries from Santa Lucia and Escuintla got evacuated to the coastal areas and are all safe. A total of about 40 missionaries left their areas. But everything is ok.
In other news, I was supposed to get transferred to a place called Chimaltenango but with all of the emergency changes, I ended up in Amatitlan and my companion is Elder Chavez.
I'll write more next week and I'll send pics! All of my pics on my camera got erased because I let someone take pictures of my converts and I. They sadly didn't understand english and erased all of my pics..... What a blessing haha.
Anyway, I love you all and thank you soooooo much for your support!!
No comments:
Post a Comment