Hey everyone!! I'm so sorry about my lack of writing! I kind of hit one of those dry spots where I just didn't want to write haha! SORRY!!!!!!! Hey but everything is good down here in Guatemala. We've had a couple earthquakes since the volcano eruption, nothing too dramatic right? Haha Im sure if we had had an earthquake up in Washington before my mission I probably would have screamed and started running around yelling GET BENEATH THE DOORWAYS AND THE TABLES!!!! THATS WHAT THEY TAUGHT US IN SCHOOL!!!!!!! Haha over here its pretty normal though. We were eating dinner one night and we had an earthquake, we kept eating like nothing was happening haha. Anyway a lot has happened since the last time I really wrote. So Im here in Amatitlan as many of you know. I had emergency changes last minute and President sent me over here haha, only God knows right?
So something super funny happened while we were doing service a couple weeks ago. Six of us Elders were helping move and organize things in a house. So we started and there were a lot of heavy things we had to move, halfway through the move my companion comes up the stairs to were everyone is and say California Pines but in a Spanish accent. Anybody that can speak Spanish knows how that would sounds if you said it like a latino, but Ill explain it for you white people that don't know. He said it like this, Cal-ee-for-nee-a pee-nus. Haha parents, don't let your little kids read that haha. But it was so funny for us because the latinos had no idea as to why we were laughing so hard!! I love latino accents haha. Guatemala, Guatemala City Central Mission, missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Wednesday, July 4, 2018
California Pines??? (here's a bunch of pictures!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! 'Lots of great photos! We are really proud of you and your hard work. You are an inspiration to us.
ReplyDeleteWe love you, Elder! Heat and Steve