Thursday, April 13, 2017

Fights and a new comp

Hey everyone!! Hows it goin'?

So a ton has happened since I last wrote! We had stake conference this week and it was super cool! I understood quite a bit! After conference we had a ton of baptisms. We had the whole district baptize people on the same day. We baptized Darly Pitchiya. My comp baptized her and I baptized another lady that would be in another ward. So that was pretty much Sunday! haha 

So remember when I said I was in the red zone? Yeah well it makes sense now. I cant remember which day it was but we almost got robbed! It was awesome! We were walking down an alley and these two men stopped us trying to get our stuff. One of them tried to steal my water bottle when I walked past and my comp caught his arm and threw it down. Then that same guy started grabbing my comps collar and pulling him back, my comp turned and told him to back off. He then continued to follow my comp and was right in his face. I got extremely mad and was about to jump on the guy and throw him on the ground and throttle him when I heard in my head, "Don't do it, don't do it." I stopped what I was going to do and told my comp to just keep walking because he was mad and wanted to fight him. Now the other man was standing back while this happened and he yelled to his friend, "hey stop! They walk through here every night on their way home. We can just stop them another time." It was insane!! 

The next day we saw the kid playing soccer, we walked over that way to go around the field when the ball came right by me and the kid (Paco) got the ball. I just stood there. He got the ball and looked up and saw me and looked scared and avoided us the whole time. I'm about twice his size so it was pretty funny. We know where he lives now and were going to his house sometime to teach him hahaha. 

I got a new comp! I'm honestly pretty bummed about it but he's a pretty cool guy! Elder Osorio was a great companion and he taught me a ton. My new comp's name is Elder Lopez.










3 comments:

  1. So proud of you Kollin.. I'm so glad you are having so much fun and are able to help people along the way.. I love and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Elder!
    I love hearing your testimony and all about your adventures. Happy birthday tomorrow!
    I love you. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Elder Whelan!
    Isn't it interesting how the spiritual highs can be followed by such challeging times! It's awesome that despite your manly instincts to pound the guys trying to mug you, you were able to still heed the spirit. I'm sure there is more to the story.. who knows where your visit will lead!
    Keep safe!
    Love the McNabbs

    ReplyDelete