So this week was a little different for me. I was struggling for a little bit because I got a new companion. To add on to that a man by the name of Spencer Alvarado died on the 13th of April and he was a very faithful member in our church. I found this out on my birthday on our way over to his families house. We went to give him a blessing only to find out that he had passed away. I was extremely sad to find this out becuase I knew him. He was a very kind man. There is more written in my journal entry in the pictures. Hopefully you can all read it. Please keep the Alvarado family in your prayers!!
With great loss come miracles. This week we had some miracle. Many people accepting to hear from us. One of which is by the name Jaime Jimenez. He has a great desire to learn the gospel and has set the date for his baptism on the 30th of this month. Please pray for him to stop smoking as well as drinking coffee! He is a very wise man and wants this gospel. Sunday we had a lesson with him in the church building and it was a very good lesson. We had a few of the youth in our ward accompany us there and it was awesome. After the lesson we showed him the church. We brought him upstairs to the chapel. We walked in and I turned on the lights. Immediately I felt the spirit. The strongest feeling that I have ever felt in my life was when we brought Jaime into that room. The power and sacredness of the chapel is so amazing. Jaime loved that room and he told us it was beautiful and he could feel a warm feeling and peace. We then showed him the baptismal font and again he could feel the spirit. The spirit really does manifest of truthfulness. I testify of that with all my heart. It was an amazing day!
I love all of you! Please always remember the importance of the chapel and the sacrament.
With love,
Elder Whelan
Calidad means cool down here
Ill send more words next week and pics!
Great post! Reinforces the importance of doing all we can to keep the Chapel a reverent place.
ReplyDeleteLove the McNabbs