Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Milagros y lluvia

Hola familia y Amigos!! 

So I don't have too much to write this week because not too much went on! But I will talk about the miracles (milagros) that have happened! So this past week everyone that we've talked to we have invited to church on Sunday. We don't really expect people to show up because people don't usually want to go to a different church. But nevertheless we still invite them because its planting that seed that really counts in contacting people in the streets. We're preparing people for maybe later coming to church. But, anyway, we went to church Sunday not expecting too much only to find that a bunch of new investigators showed up! It was a pure miracle! We had about 10 show up and all 10 are very positive. A couple of them already have dates for baptism on the 21st of May!!! Im so excited!! Also, we helped a family that aren't members move out of their house. They are a family of 5 and we're hoping to baptize them as well!! Also Jaime Jimenez is getting baptized this Sunday! He was a pure miracle, because we were walking one day and saw him smoking. I already felt like I knew him and went to talk to him. We asked him why he was smoking, and he immediately threw his cigarette away! We then asked if we could teach him and he said yes! Ever since that day he stopped smoking and drinking coffee! 

Now.....lluvia or rain. It's rained almost every day here for the past week, and it's amazing. I absolutely love the rain and probably would go crazy if it didn't rain here. Yesterday we were teaching another miracle person and it started to rain. I have no clue why, but I felt the spirit so strongly while we were teaching. Rain has the weirdest effect on me. I just love it so much, and it makes me super happy. 

I read what my brother said about me in his email, and all of it is true. Its weird not being able to talk to one of my best friends. Dalton and Tyler-Ann, as well, are very good friends and it's weird not being able to talk to them. We're all in different worlds right now but I know that all of us are doing the right things as of this moment in time. I miss all of you guys so much, but that is not distracting me from my purpose here. I know my purpose, and Im going to try and fulfill it to the fullest!

I love all of you who are reading this email, and I hope everyone is doing well!!

With tons and tons of love,
Elder Whelan









1 comment:

  1. A little late on my reply to this blog post...but it was inspiring to read it! Reading about the miracles, was wonderful, but it impresses me that you are humble enough and sensitive to the promptings of the spirit to recognize the Lord's hand working in your life and the lives of His children! It's one of the gifts of His spirit. Reading your post reminded me of how blessed we really are to be able to enjoy these gifts.
    Love the McNabbs

    ReplyDelete