Tuesday, May 2, 2017

God's gifts

Hello everyone!!

So there is not too much I want to write about today! There is one thing that I really do want to share and that is a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know that the book of mormon is true with all of my heart. Yesterday during p-day i finished it for the first time (on my own) in my life cover to cover. Sad right? I've been a member my whole life and not once have i read this book for myself. But I finally did it. Its been one of my big goals since I have been here. I finished it at about 4:30ish. I started crying at the last couple of verses because I realized i was finishing. I then went to my room where it was crying and prayed to know for a fact that it was true. I didn't get an answer at all until I decided to pray out loud. I bore my testimony to my Heavenly Father and asked to know of its truthfulness and that is when i got my answer. It is true. An overwhelming sense of the spirit enveloped me and I know that the book is the only true book here on the Earth today that is true. I always knew it was true but this is the first time that Ive found out for a fact that it is. I love the Book of Mormon and for those that are reading this that might not be members of this church, I encourage you to read it to gain a better knowledge of it and to truly pray with sincerity to know if it is true. You will only know if you have faith and really intent to know the truth. The Book of Mormon is Gods gift to us. It lets us know that he really is there and that he really is watching over us. I love all of you so much and because I have read the Book of Mormon my love for you and the people here has grown so much. I testify as a disciple of Christ and a humble follower of him that it. is. true. I share this with you in the name of our Fathers son, my brother and friend, Jesus Christ, Amen.

I also would like to encourage you to find your christlike attributes in preach my gospel. Its fun and hard work trying to develop them. Also research the gifts that you might have and apply them in your daily lives. Many of us have talents, but its a matter of using those talents to the fullest that really makes the difference. Another thing, God gave us gifts and talents so that we could work on them and use them. But there is also a divine purpose for those gifts and talents and that is to use them to help and teach other people. I encourage you all to do that! I love all of you so much and cant wait to see you in 21 months!!!

P.S. I am so sorry for my spelling! I was writing fast! [spelling corrections in this blog post may or may not have been made from a parental unit]

Elder Whelan









1 comment:

  1. Loved it! That reminds me that Pres. Monson challenged us to start reading the BOM, and your post motivates me to move forward with that challenge!
    Thank you for your thoughts, encouragement, and example!
    Love the McNabbs

    ReplyDelete