Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Writing to Family, Happy Mother's Day

Hey everyone!! 

So this message is going to be pretty short because I get to talk to my family on Sunday!! Im so excited. I promise the next message next week will be longer and better. But one thing that I do want to talk about this time is family.

I love my family. Being here Ive come to realize how important my family is to me. There have been a couple times since i have been here that I have really missed them and wanted to see them so badly. I didn't think that would happen to me to be honest. But I think that is my weakness, my family. I cant remember the scripture right now but it says that the lord will make our weaknesses our strengths. That is so so true and so important. We should always keep that in mind. Our weaknesses become strengths through our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Anyway, back to fams. My family is sealed to be together for time and all eternity. What a beautiful blessing that is. My family is now my strength. I testify of eternal families everyday because I want the people here to be with their families forever. I love the happiness that it brings. I always testify of the family as well because the in the family there is so much love. A lot of the families here don't understand the importance of praying as a family. 

Anyway I have to go. I love you all!!!!!!

Elder Whelan

[Editor's note: You may be wondering if these 4 missionaries are actually hanging outside of a van while traveling down the road at unknown rates of speed. Well the answer is yes. Nothing like making Mom feel extra less-worried just before Mother's Day.] 




















1 comment:

  1. How totally fun this was to read! Also makes me realize how important families are. Sometimes you can see the treasure you have, even when it's staring you right in the face!
    Thank you Elder Whelan!
    Love the McNabb's

    ReplyDelete