You know, I never put much thought into mothers day. Until Sunday. Mothers are extremely important. I love my mom so much and I wish that while I was home I wasn't such a turd all the time hahaha. I believe that moms are the only ones that are able to truly feel sometimes some of the feelings of God. Because that is how God made them. I love you mom and all of the moms that are reading this. You're testimonies are some of the strongest in the church and you should never feel scared to share that with other people because its so easy for you to feel and bring the spirit!!
Now promptings. I love promptings from the holy ghost. A couple weeks ago my companion were walking and we didn't have anywhere to go. My companion say to me, "Where can we go?" I say I have no idea. Then I stop and I say, "And I was led by the spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do. Nervertheless I went forth." 1 Nephi 4:6-7. I then lifted my arm pointing and turned around until I saw a kid sitting in front of the Church. I stopped and said, "ding ding ding ding ding." And walked right over to him. We introduced ourselves and found out that he had been baptized in our church but was not confirmed. We taught him and he accepted the invitation to baptism again. Que Bendicion!! He is getting baptized this Sunday on my Moms birthday!! Happy Birthday Mom!!! The spirit will always lead you on the right path, as a representative of Jesus Christ I testify of that with all my heart.
Another time we had the same situation. My comp asked the same question and I repeated the same phrase. Then I started walking down a street we hadn't gone down before. All the way down to a dead end. We knocked on the last door and the man let us in. He was extremely positive and it was an amazing lesson. I was able to speak Spanish so well and I believe that Heavenly Father was directing us on what to say the whole time. It was so extremely spiritual and amazing!
I have a testimony of the spirit. He is my constant companion. I encourage anybody that is reading this to gain a real and true testimony of the Holy Ghost. If you don't have it then I challenge you to read the Book of Mormon, take discussions from the missionaries, pray to know the truth, attend church, and really seek out the truth of this gospel.
I love you all!
Love Elder Whelan
[And apparently he wanted us to see a video of some Guatemalan rain, in action...]
No comments:
Post a Comment