Whats up everyone!! So I'm super happy! Haha I'm in a place called La Gomera and it is so stinking hot here. haha anyway my new companion's name is Elder Melgar and he's super cool, he's from Sinaloa Mexico and he can speak a little english which is great haha. Its super tranquilo here which means its super calm. There are 0 killings here and its way better haha. Not saying that there were any killings in my last area...because there weren't... Anyway super great here. Pagar el precio in case you're wondering means to pay the price. Here in La Gomera we are constantly paying the price. It's so hot here and because we just opened the area we have to find people to teach and it's a little hard. But we do it willingly because we know why we are here. If Jesus Christ suffered everything for us then why can't we suffer just a little for him? I thought about that this week as my companion and I fasted one day. We were walking and we were super thirsty and dying from the heat. I was thinking about myself and how thirsty I was when a scripture popped into my head. Mosiah 3:7 and 8. It talks about how he suffered temptations and thirst and fatigue. In this moment I was just so filled with the spirit and thought, I am not fasting for me, I am fasting for the people here. The power of the fast is so important and when we do it, we need to do it with a purpose in our hearts. I love to fast now because I'm following in the example of my savior Jesus Christ the only one that could have done everything to save us from ourselves. I love all of you guys. I can't wait to share more experiences with you next week, sorry this was so short!!!
Much love,
Elder Whelan
No comments:
Post a Comment