Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Don't Let Letdowns Get You Down

Hahaha thats kind of a funny title for an email.

So in life there are a lot of letdowns (not sure how to spell that..). And I'm here to tell you to not let them get you down!! It's a sure way to go down a path you don't want to go down! Regret, sadness, stuff like that sucks! BE HAPPY MA PEOPLE!

So this Sunday we woke up early to get some investigators to bring to church. We woke them up and they said that they would get ready and go by themselves. Keep in mind that this family is very positive and wants to do the right thing and go to church. But, they didn't come to church (sad face with tears in eyes). We waited for them outside the church for about an hour and a half in hopes that they would come and, they didn't. So for me that was a huge let down.

But I've had a lot of those in the mission and what I've learned from them is that I should never let them get me down. Satan has a special way of tempting and hurting those people that feel bad about something and the opposite of that is being happy all the time! I've learned that because of the Gospel I have in my life, I don't need to be sad or have feelings of resentment. I don't need any of that! And to add on to that, I love the people here with all my heart.

I'm coming home soon, but that thought isn't making me stop wanting to work. Im working till I finish! Not much else to say though, we've been working really hard to find more people to baptize and I'm hoping that soon all of the work will pay off. I love my mission, I love the work and I love all of you!! Have a great week and invite someone to church!!!

Elder Whelan






No comments:

Post a Comment