Friday, November 16, 2018

Starting Over

Hey everyone!

So, many times in the mission a "start over" is needed for things to go forward in the missionary work. We had investigators and we've been working hard with them for a long time. Pretty much this whole transfer. But I had been thinking about how we can baptize and progress here in our area and we decided to drop those investigators and try to find new ones. 

I'm hoping that we will be able to find those people that God wants to be taught in this way. I've realized that we can't waste time with people that won't progress. No matter how cool they might seem or how positive they seem, we cannot waste time when there are thousands of other people waiting to be taught this Gospel. Its the same with being a normal member of the church, sometimes we get used to not sharing the gospel and what we don't realize is that someone is waiting for us to talk to them about the gospel. 

That's where prayer comes in. We must pray in order to find people who need us. There are many who have been chosen to be leaders in the church, but how will they progress if we don't just open our mouths and speak? We need to leave our fears of feeling inadequate and our fears of looking dumb in front of someone and be the disciples of Jesus Christ that God wants us to be. I don't have much else to report. T

he end of my mission is nearing and I'm scared to face the real world again. But I know that there are many chapters to my life and this is just another one of those. I love you all and testify that my Savior lives and loves me as well as all of you individually.

Elder Whelan

P.S. Will send more pics next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment