Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Baptisms Once Again!

AAAAAAAAAHHH it feels good to once more say that we're going to baptize. Her name is Alejandra and she is a miracle!! One day we get a call from some members and they tell us they have a friend that wants to be baptized. So we went and started to teach her and she accepted to be baptized on the 2nd of December! I love how the Lord works. 

I was sent to this area with my companions as the first missionaries to open up the area. So for a while, our job has just been to prep the area for future missionaries. And I haven't been feeling like we were having much success until the Lord sent her to motivate us to work hard. I love how missionary work just seems to flow!! 

I've been learning a lot as well about how to cope with feelings of finishing my mission. It's not something I want to do and I can't believe it's already happening. But what I have learned is how to really experience what Jesus did in His lifetime. To walk where he walked and to feel a little of what he felt. Being followed by so many and then at the end being rejected by all of them must have been so hard for him. It makes me appreciate him that much more because he still followed through until the end, and that's what I have to do right now. Push through until I finish. Like what I was once told, Work hard and don't do anything that you'll regret, you can sleep on the plane. Something like that hahaha. But I love the mission and I love my Savior. 

I love you all and Happy late Thanksgiving!

Elder Whelan











No comments:

Post a Comment